Coming Home and everything changes



May of 1999 i was released from the hospital after 3.5 weeks. I was in a wheel chair but still had some mobility and could walk with a walker or cane but i had a lot of physical therapy and cancer treatments ahead.

The ride home from the hospital was 90 minutes. My dad was driving me and somewhere along the road he brought my world crashing down. He and my family had taken a lot of time when i was in the hospital and cleaned up my room which was admittedly a disaster, It was nessecary if i was ever going to get into the room in a wheel chair or even to walk in with a walker or cane. But he also revealed in the process he found everything. My clothes, my magazines my secret life. First he asked if this was a new thing I said no it had been going on for a long time. Then he said i was his son not his daughter and God doesn't make mistakes. He said he had thrown everything out and wouldn't have it.

He asked if i wanted to be a girl? I was too angry and embarrassed to say yes and said i didn't know. He revealed that when he was younger he had some of the same feelings but realized it was wrong and emphasized the God doesn't make mistakes. Ironic from a man who i always considered to have a weak religious faith.

I came home to an all male world everything feminine was gone. I talked to Mike and let him know what had happened and was hoping we could still get together sometimes but he said concentrate on getting better and we could get together then. I never saw him again.

I would spend the next 7 months going through cancer treatments. In the end the treatments caused more spinal damage and confined me to a wheel chair for the rest of my life. But i beat the cancer.

It would be 5 years before i was able to begin to start working toward my lifes goal of living as a woman again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God doesn't make mistakes

What makes a woman?

Just for fun